I’ve been intrigued by coconut flour for quite some time now and finally decided to buy some to try out Spoonful Of Fit’s Fluffy Coconut Pancakes (which….I still haven’t tried yet…maybe this weekend!). Anywho, as my obsession with muffins continues, I decide to try out a coconut muffin. Success! I think I still prefer my Egg White & Oats muffins for breakfast, but these Coconut Muffins would be great with a fresh jam, as an accompaniment to some turkey chili or just as a little warm biscuit spread with a bit of coconut oil….mmmm, biscuits.
So here’s how I made them!
Ingredients (makes 12 muffins)
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flour (I used Let’s Do…Organic Coconut Flour)
- 3 cups liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain almond milk (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix, mix, mix those ingredients.
- Divide batter into 12 nonstick sprayed muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from tins, let cool a little (so you don’t scorch your mouth) and eat or store in the fridge and microwave for about 30 seconds when you are ready for a muffin!