What’s better than a simple, tasty, easily transportable, veggie-packed, lean protein-full recipe? NOTHING! Big thanks to Little B for sharing her Egg White Veggie Muffins months ago because for some reason, still unbeknownst to me, I never thought of baking my egg whites into cute, convenient little muffins. Don’t get me wrong, I love my boiled egg whites…..however, I despise the boiling and peeling process! My mother even bought a little egg timer for me that goes into the pot with the eggs to let you know how far along they are. Unfortunately, either user error or crappy, old, NYC gas stove top leads to insanely-hard-to-peel boiled eggs every time!
Anyways, off of that tangent and back to the Egg White Muffins. So easy and simple to make (thus the reason why I will make a batch every single week….easy and simple are the words to use to make my heart swoon).
- 2 dozen eggs (or 3 cups liquid egg whites)
- Spinach (torn into small pieces)
- Mushrooms (sliced)
- ANY other veggies you want to add!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sauté or steam veggies (other than spinach – I have been using spinach and mushrooms in my muffins and usually sauté my mushrooms until completely cooked before adding them to my muffins.)
- Spray muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Fill each muffin tin 1/3-1/2 way full with veggies.
- Add 2 egg whites (or 1/4 cup liquid egg whites) to each muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Promptly remove muffin tin from oven and take egg white muffins out and place onto plate to cool (I think this is the way to prevent soggy muffins!)
Ta-da! What did I tell you? Simple and easy. Enjoy with some oatmeal in the morning, some brown rice, sweet potato or quinoa for lunch, or as an afternoon snack. Hope you like!